Sunday, June 20, 2010
25 questions about DADDY...
I started off with probably the most important question:
What makes Daddy the coolest Daddy? K: When he plays the guitar really cool like a rock n roll man. C: What I'm doing! [Playing air guitar :) ]
1. What is something Daddy always says to you? K: I will tell you something he always tells me. No! And he tells us I love you. C: He always tells me to go to my room.
2. What makes Daddy happy? K: When we kiss him and be nice to him and hug on him. C: And listen.
3. What makes Daddy sad? K: When we be mean to him and we hit him. And we have to make him spank us. C: And pull our ear.
4. How does Daddy make you laugh? K: When he does funny stuff. Like, spank hisself. C: And pull his own ear.
5. What do you think Daddy was like as a child? K: He act really good to his Momma. C: Be nice.
6. How old is Daddy? C: I don't know. K: 37
7. How tall is Daddy? C: This taller. K: Bigger than you.
8. What is Daddy's favorite thing to do? C: Be nice. K: Play with us!
9. What does Daddy do when you’re not around? C: Look around. K: I don't know. Gets us presents.
10. If Daddy becomes famous, what will it be for? K: Us. C: Playing.
11. What is Daddy really good at? K: Playing with us. C: Brushing his teeth.
12. What is Daddy not really good at? K: He's not really good at playing with toys. C: Playing with Bakugan.
13. What is Daddy's job? K: Fixing rockets. Taking care of rockets so they don't break. C: Fixing cars. K: Un-uh. Almost.
14. What is Daddy's favorite food? K: Fish. C: Salad. [Note that these are the same foods the boys think are MY favorites, too.]
15. What makes you proud of Daddy? C: When we listen. K: When he be's nice to us.
16. What makes Daddy proud of you? K: When we listen to him. C: When we listen.
17. If Daddy were a cartoon character, who would he be? K: Ben 10! Ultimate Alien! Swampfire! He would be Swampfire! C: JetRay!
18. What do you and Daddy do together? K: We play a lot. Sometimes we work together C: And sometimes we fall down together. K: And sometimes we do funny stuff like spanking and pulling our ear.
19. How are you the same as Daddy? K: When he smiles when he was a kid, he was like me. He smiled like me and I thought he was me C: Cause I'm brown. K: I'll tell you what's same as you as Daddy. You have brown eyes!
20. How are you different from Daddy? K: Because we both have different skin and different hair. C: 'Cause we both have different bodies. K: I'll tell you something. You have smaller bones than Daddy. Daddy's bones are bigger than your little bones.
21. How do you know that Daddy loves you? K: Because he always says it. Connery, you can say that he always, always tells us how much he loves us. C: Because he loves us!
22. Where is Daddy's favorite place to go? K: Mexican place! C: Um, Alabama.
23. What is one thing you wish you could change about Daddy? K: I wish he would be nicer to us. I want him to say "Yes, yes, yes!" C: I wish he would be 'lover.'
24. What would Daddy do with a million dollars? K: He would buy us everything. He would buy us a lot of stuff and more stuff. C: He would buy us a DS.
25. What do you wish you could go and do with Daddy? K: I wish we could go to Target all the time. C: Flush down in the toilet. [Me: Flush WHAT down in the toilet?] C: Us.
So, Sandy, I hope you like your Father's Day trip with Connery! An all expenses paid flush down the toilet!! [And we might go to the movies, too.]
Love you, Daddy-O.
Monday, May 10, 2010
1. What is something I always say to you? C: Clean up our mess in our room. Pick up our clothes. Go potty. K: I love you.
2. What makes me happy? C: When we love on you. K: When we be nice to you and when we call you momma.
3. What makes me sad? K: When we be mean to you and hurt your feelings and hurt you and hurt Daddy. C: When she pulls my ear it makes me sad.
4. How do I make you laugh? K: When you tickle us (Tickles me) C: Tickle me!
5. What do you think I was like as a child? C: When we love on you. K: You loved on Ba. C: She liked when I was big. K: She didn't even know if she was going to have a boy or a girl.
6. How old am I? K: Can you tell me? I don't know. C: You're 2. I want you to be 2.
7. How tall am I? C: This tall. (Stretches his arms wide.) Mommy get in my hands. K: Can I measure you?
8. What is my favorite thing to do? K: Um, love on us.
9. What do I do when you’re not around? K: You give Gryphon a hug. C: She goes to work.
10. If I become famous, what will it be for? K: For us. C: For cool.
11. What am I really good at? C: Cleaning up. K: Loving on us.
12. What am I not really good at? K: Helping us. C: Hitting me.
13. What is my job? K: Teaching. You're a teacher. Come on. C: Going to your school.
14. What is my favorite food? C: Salad. K: Fish.
15. What makes you proud of me? K: That you help us and love on us. C: When we (kisses me) kiss you.
16. What makes me proud of you? K: When we do stuff that you didn't even ask us to do like make our beds without you telling us to. C: When I kiss you.
18. What do you and I do together? K: We go to the Botanical Gardens together. C: I don't know but I hurt my toe.
19. How are we the same? K: We both love each other. C: Cause I love on you.
(Sandy: How are we the same?) Cause we both have brown eyes. Cause we both have black hair. Bear skin and monkey skin. [Um...I don't know what goes through his mind.]
20. How are you and I different? K: Because you're bigger than me. And you're a girl and I'm not. And you have different color hair. C: As gwen. K: And you have bigger bones than me.
21. How do you know that I love you? K: You always say it and you act like it. C: Because I love on you. And we both have brown eyes and Daddy too.
22. Where is my favorite place to go? K: Mexican. C: McDonalds. [Actually, I don't like McD's at all. I think he WISHES that I did.] K: the place with the peanuts on the ground.
23. What is one thing you wish you could change about me? K: I wish I could change you to love me more. C: Love me more.
24. What would I do with a million dollars? K: Buy something for us. C: A [Nintendo] DS. Told you. K: Love for us. (Sandy: You can't buy love.) We can buy love. From our heart.
25. What do you wish you could go and do with me? C: Go to the store and buy a toy. K: Go and buy a DS.
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! Hope you get to 'love on' the ones you love!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Visit with KellyMasi in October during Fall Break. She and I went to a concert [The Airborne Toxic Event!] and Ba kept the boys at Masi's house.
[Sorry for the sideways picture. My computer is NOT cooperating...]
Diwali--Indian New Year. We celebrate by washing money (to bring prosperity in the new year) and lighting a diya...or in our case, tea lights. We didn't have a big celebration and didn't follow all the traditions, but we at least try to do something to recognize the Indian holidays.
Rotary and theatre. Sandy organized a huge fundraiser for Rotary Club called Parrots of the Caribbean. And I was in a show at UAH AND produced the one-act at school for competition. We were officially worn out afterwards. And, of course, the boys went easy on us.
Of course, Halloween. This year, we went on a hayride with some friends of ours--the BEST way to Trick or Treat! Fortunately, the boys chose easy costumes. Red and black Power Rangers (on the left). Mind you, they don't even watch the Power Rangers. Apparently, one of their friends at school likes them a lot, and it's rubbed off. Also in disguise in this picture are Eli as Samurai Jack, Finn as the robot [not to be confused with a ball of flames], and Nathan as Darth Vader.
Gryphon's birthday. The boys celebrated our 'grey-haired puppy' by making a cake of cheese, peanut butter and doggie treats. Yum! [Only the dog ate it, trust me.]
Soccer? Well, the truth is, it didn't keep us busy, because the weather was rainy so many Saturdays in October that all his games were cancelled except the last one.
Sandy and I got to visit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital with friends Melissa and Evan, our favorite 'St. Jude dude.' I plan to post more about our visit on the baldonpurpose site. The place was incredible. And Evan? What an amazing boy...
Sold the house! Funny story: I was alone with the boys when Sandy went on a trip with his buddies to Florida. I saw a police officer pull up and thought, "This is what they do when people die." My heart sank as I imagined the worst, and I tried to prepare myself and figure out how NOT to become hysterical in front of the boys. I watched the officer get out of his car...and get a flyer about the house! Once I was able to breathe again, I joked with our friends that I would forgive him IF he bought my house. Two days later, guess who made an offer! :)
So we scurried around to find a new house...and...
Tada! We moved in this past weekend, and we LOVE it. L.O.V.E. It's bright and open and big and has tons of closets and new carpet and pretty hardwoods and a big yard and gas fireplace and jacuzzi tub and and and... Oh, and lots of boxes right now. So I'd better get busy :)
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I realize this year, more than ever before, that we have so much to be thankful for. Everywhere I look, I am reminded that LIFE IS GOOD.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
well, I don't have any words to describe that. [So that counts, right?]